[yocto] Remove libjpeg.so (default built even in core-image-minimal) from the rootfs when build yocto

Petter Mabäcker petter at technux.se
Tue Jan 16 00:11:19 PST 2018

My guess would be that the package name to exclude is libjpeg-turbo
. But it seems to provide jpeg-tools as well, so that can be good to
have in mind when elaborating with excluding this package.

BR Petter

> I know that I need to use
PACKAGE_EXCLUDE, but I have no idea what is the package name of libjpeg
... Any clue?

<petter at technux.se> wrote:

>>> I have statically linked the libjpeg of my own to the exe file,
so I do not need the libjpeg.so default built in the /lib of rootfs. How
can I modify or specify in the local.conf file so that I can remove that
component? It takes quite a lot of space.

>>> Thank you.
>>
>> Hi
Nguyễn,

>> If you want (and no dependencies dissallow it), you can
remove the entire package providing libjpeg.so from being installed with
PACKAGE_EXCLUDE
(http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-PACKAGE_EXCLUDE
[2]).

>> If that`s not working you can for example use
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND
(http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND
[3]). However that will require more work then just update a line in
local.conf.

>> If you want to try it out you can simply append the
image recipe in a custom layer with below.

my_postprocess_function() {
>> rm -f
${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/path/to/libjpeg.so
>> }