[yocto] Halt problem

Alan Levy alan.levy at plextek.com
Mon Jan 15 23:48:29 PST 2018

Shutdown is supposed to terminate all processes/threads so it's probably not about the watchdog daemon. It sounds more like the classic distro was disabling the hardware watchdog during shutdown and your new distro doesn't do that. Try comparing the kernel watchdog drivers in the two distros because that's the most likely culprit.

===
ALAN LEVY, Lead Consultant, Embedded Systems

Plextek Consulting, The Plextek Building, London Road, Great Chesterford, Saffron Walden, CB10 1NY, UK
T: +44 (0) 1799 533200    E: alan.levy at plextek.com  W: www.plextek.com