[yocto] Halt problem

Ryan Meulenkamp Ryan.Meulenkamp at nedap.com
Mon Jan 15 07:39:40 PST 2018

Hi y'all,

I ran into a problem using shutdown -h (or halt) on an openembedded-core
(yocto) distro running on the Atmel at91sam9g45.

We used to run an openembedded-classic (angström) based OS with kernel
version 2.6.35.14+. Here, halting the system would cause it to shutdown
without resetting, or turning the power off, to await a manual reset.

Now we are building a new distro based on openembedded-core and yocto.
Halting the system now causes a watchdog intervention. I tried all
different arguments for both the shutdown and the halt command. It looks
if though the classic based distro left the watchdog daemon running
during a halt.

What could be the cause of this problem? In what direction should I look
(e.g. kernel config, sysvinit config, openembedded config, processor
specific code etc.)?

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list to ask this question, but
I guess one of you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Ryan Meulenkamp