[yocto] conf/machine/<machine.conf> in my custom layer doesn't get parsed

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 03:18:06 PST 2018

Hi,

I've created a custom meta layer over poky rocko and added it to
bblayer.conf. I've also set the appropriate MACHINE value in
conf/local.conf:

MACHINE = "colibri-imx6"

There is a machine specific conf file in this meta layer, but it
doesn't get parsed. This file is located at
"conf/machine/colibri-imx6.conf" inside the meta layer.

By checking the output of

bitbake -e

it seems that other machine-specific conf files like
"meta-freescale-3rdparty/conf/machine/colibri-imx6.conf" are
referenced and parsed. But there is not even a reference to my
machine-specific conf file.

Should I set some variables that hint the bitbake to parse machine
specific files in my layer?

Bests,
Isaac