[yocto] liblzma: Memory allocation failed on do_package_rpm

Manjukumar Harthikote Matha MANJUKUM at xilinx.com
Sun Jan 14 22:20:28 PST 2018

All,

Has anybody seen this error?

Finished binary package job, result 0, filename (null)
error: create archive failed: cpio: write failed - Cannot allocate memory
error: liblzma: Memory allocation failederror: liblzma: Memory allocation failedFinished binary package job, result 2,

RPM build errors:
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
|     liblzma: Memory allocation failed    liblzma: Memory allocation failed    liblzma: Memory allocation failed    liblzma: Memory allocation failed    liblzma: Memory allocation failed    liblzma: Memory allocation failed

This happens in do_package_rpm task on various recipes, coreutils/libgpg/diffutils etc.

The host machine has good amount on memory, 256G to be exact. When I see the error and issue free -h command, I still see ~120G free memory available.
This is a RHEL 7.2 machine and I am running rocko baseline.

Any reason why this would happen? Where should I look to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Manju