[yocto] cve-check behind a proxy fails

Bejar-Colonia, Carlos carlos.bejar-colonia at philips.com
Fri Jan 12 12:38:43 PST 2018

Hello Yocto Team,

I have downloaded Poky(Rocko), added a local layer and added: INHERIT += "cve-check" to conf/local.conf file.
When I run 'bitbake core-image-minimal', cve-check fails with the following message:

WARNING: cve-check-tool-native-5.6.4-r0 do_populate_cve_db: Error in executing cve-check-update
WARNING: cve-check-tool-native-5.6.4-r0 do_populate_cve_db: Failed to update cve-check-tool database, CVEs won't be checked

I am working behind a proxy and tried to setup my build machine following these steps, but still fails:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Working_Behind_a_Network_Proxy#HTTP.2FHTTPS.2FFTP_Setup

Am I missing something in the setup to make cve-check work behind a proxy server?

Thanks,
Carlos