[yocto] Specifying MACHINE when setting up build environment

Jan Siegmund jan.siegmund0 at hm.edu
Sat Jan 13 10:52:54 PST 2018

Hi,

Am 13.01.2018 um 18:07 schrieb colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com:
> Is there a way to specify what MACHINE is put into local.conf when first
> setting up the build directory with oe-init-build-env?
> I have my own TEMPLATECONF which I use, but I'd like to be able to set the
> MACHINE on the command line rather than having to then modify local.conf
If it would suit your needs to specify the MACHINE on every bitbake call,
try

$ MACHINE=<machine> bitbake <image-recipe>

e. g.

$ MACHINE=qemuarm bitbake core-image-minimal

If your want to use QEMU, you can use

$ env DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE=<image_dir> runqemu

Not sure if the 'env' is needed though.

Regards,
Jan