[yocto] beta testing netbooting Yocto on Amazon, Google & Digital Ocean

Mills, William wmills at ti.com
Wed Jan 10 05:39:59 PST 2018

Andrew,

Interesting project.

I looked at your documentation.  You have a section "Is bootrino open source?"
You don't really answer the question.
So your site is free to use casually and paid options for more serious users.
That’s fine; it's your server.
You also say there is an MIT licensed CLI.  OK.
But you do not mention the server code itself.
From that I assume the answer to the question "Is bootrino open source?" is no.
Am I correct?

(Not sure why you are telling us how you made it if we can't see the code anyway. :) )

So for my own POV I would not want to give this access to my cloud account without seeing the code and perhaps running it on my own server so I can be sure of what I am getting.  I could setup a scratch account but I would worry even then and I would still have concerns ever going to "production" mode.  I am a bit picky that way.

Others may not feel the same way.  I wish you luck.

BTW: If you don't want to go open source, you may do better if you offer full source (w/ proprietary license) with the payed option.

Thanks,
Bill