[yocto] rdepends = "python3-modules" in recipe does not install python3-modules in image

Matt Schepers mschepers at telspandata.com
Tue Jan 9 10:45:02 PST 2018

For this recipe the base package is called users.rpm and I can see it in the RPM. Using 'bitbake users -e | grep PN' I was able to find that PN is also set to users, which seems correct.

However the recipe does not install python3-modules even though it's specified in RDEPENDS. I can get it to work by forcing python3-modules in the IMAGE_INSTALL variable, but this is not how I expect yocto to work based on the documentation.