[yocto] Upgrading Yocto Project Version - To Rocko

Kok, Vincent Chin Keong vincent.chin.keong.kok at intel.com
Tue Jan 9 03:55:25 PST 2018

Hi there,

I am new to the Yocto project and currently I have Yocto version 1.8 (Fido) installed on my Linux workstation.

I was wondering, how can I upgrade to Yocto version 2.4 (Rocko)? Do I just remove the previous poky folder I downloaded and re-download a newer version of poky and checkout the branch and tags?

Do share with me if any of you have the experience.

THANK YOU! :)

Vincent Kok
Platform Application Engineer
IOTG Customer Engineering Division (Transportation)
Internet of Things Group (IOTG)
[For makers]