[yocto] backporting u-boot fit changes and how to properly capture the changes in yocto

Davis Roman davis.roman84 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:44:13 PST 2018

Hello,

I'm running yocto Krogoth and I had to backport some updates related to
u-boot FIT from the latest yocto version into my version of yocto.

The changes are located in: *poky/meta/classes/kernel-fitimage.bbclass*

I'd much prefer to put these changes into my own layer so that these
changes don't contaminate my existing version of poky.

Can I make a bbappend for a bbclass and store it in my layer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, unfortunately, due to the current state of our project, upgrading to
the latest yocto version is not an option at the moment.

Thank you,

Davis