[yocto] recipe for custom python package not on pypi

Matt Schepers mschepers at telspandata.com
Fri Jan 5 08:22:48 PST 2018

Thank you. This worked!

From: Giordon Stark <kratsg at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:45:59 PM
To: Matt Schepers
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] recipe for custom python package not on pypi

Hi,

https://github.com/kratsg/meta-l1calo/blob/master/recipes-core/python/python-ironman_0.2.13.bb - this is an example recipe for python.

You simply need to change the SRC_URI to point to where your python package is (tarball generally preferred) by something like

file://path/to/tarball.tar.gz

Giordon

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 6:39 PM Matt Schepers <mschepers at telspandata.com<mailto:mschepers at telspandata.com>> wrote:
Folks,

I'm looking for a recipe that will install a custom python package to the python site-packages on the rootfs. The Python package uses setuptools and the standard setup.py and is not available on pypi because I wrote it. In general I am having difficulty finding a recipe for a custom package outside of the ones available on pypi.

Thanks,
Matt