[yocto] verifying prerequisites for a software

Ismael Martínez Dibene imdibene at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:42:47 PST 2018

apt-cache depends <package-name> gives you the prerequisites of your package

dpkg is your friend to check for installed packages

That above is for debian like distros, for redhat, use rpm -qa or rpm -ql

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Rail Shafigulin <rail at esenciatech.com>
wrote:

> I haven't worked with Yocto a lot, so forgive me if the question seems
> a bit trivial.
>
> I'm working with a Zynq FPGA from Xilinx. I'm trying to build a Linux
> image for it. Xilinx is using its own distro called Petalinux. They do
> provide a layer called meta-petalinux for building it.
>
> I need to include libsoc, https://github.com/jackmitch/libso, into the
> image. However it has a number of prerequisites before it can be
> built,https://github.com/jackmitch/libsoc#manually-building. How do I
> verify that all of these prerequisites are installed (part of my
> image) prior to building libsoc?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Rail Shafigulin
> Software Engineer
> Esencia Technologies
>
> --
>

> *ESENCIA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.*3945 Freedom Circle, Suite #360,
> Santa Clara CA 95054

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards / Saludos / Atenciosamente
Ismael Martínez Dibene
imdibene at gmail.com