[yocto] Using a gitweb interface as a PREMIRROR

Darcy Watkins dwatkins at sierrawireless.com
Wed Jan 3 09:50:54 PST 2018

Hi,

Has anyone used a gitweb interface as a PREMIRROR?

The idea is to version control a GIT repo by adding the tarballs to it
as needed (i.e. to track the changes, etc), and then have a yocto build
access it using the gitweb interface.

I have tried variations of premirror URL expressions like below...

PREMIRRORS_prepend = "\
http://.*/.* http://myhost.mydomain/gitweb?p=mydownloads.git%3Ba=blob_p
lain%3Bhb=refs/heads/master%3Bf=BASENAME \n \
"

And wind up with non working results.  In some cases, I get the
basename of the tarball tacked onto the mydownloads.git.  Seems the
only way to avoid that is to have the f=BASENAME at the end.  If I use
';' instead of '%3B', the URL gets parsed and broken up by the fetcher
logic.  If I use '%3B', then it results in a "not found" error.  Also I
notice that the 'gitweb?p=' gets escaped to 'gitweb%3Fp%3D' even when I
am able to get the rest of the ';' and '=' to pass through.

Anyone gotten such a scheme to work?

--

Regards,

Darcy

Darcy Watkins ::  Senior Staff Engineer, Firmware

SIERRA
WIRELESS
Direct  +1 604 233 7989   ::  Fax  +1 604 231 1109  ::  Main  +
1 604 231 1100
13811 Wireless Way  :: Richmond, BC Canada V6V 3A4
[P1]
dwa
tkins at sierrawireless.com :: www.sierrawireless.com