[yocto] setting DEPENDS variable to specific package version

John Ernberg john.ernberg at actia.se
Mon Jan 1 05:12:39 PST 2018

Hi Dafna,

On 01/01/2018 02:03 PM, Dafna Hirschfeld wrote:
Hi,
thanks,
I work alone, and have no people I know to consult with.
Does the PREFERRED_VERSION influence static linking only ? So that the package version in the DEPENDS list is decided according to that variable ?
If so, why can't it be a recipe specific ?
If I want package A to statically link with lua5.3 and package B to be statically linked with lua5.2 . How can I do that ?

Thanks