[yocto] RREPLACE is not applied do_package_qa() ?

ikjn tiffang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:29:10 PST 2018

Hi.

I'm building mali userspace libraries using meta-mali layer + rocko
but I got errors like these:

ERROR: cogl-1.0-1.22.2-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue:
/usr/lib/libcogl-pango.so.20.4.2 contained in package libcogl-pango
requires libwayland-egl.so, but no providers found in
RDEPENDS_libcogl-pango? [file-rdeps]

Current recipes are:

* mesa.bb
PACKAGES = "... libwayland-egl"
FILES_libwayland_egl = "libwaland-egl.so"

* mali.bb
do_install() { copy libmali.so to libdir; create a soft
link(libwayland-egl.so --> libmali.so) }
PACKAGES = "mali"
FILES_mali = "${libdir}/*.so"
RREPLACE_mali = "... libwayland-egl"

* cogl.bb
RDEPENDS_libcogl-pango = "libwayland-egl"

In this structure, mali specify RREPLACE = libwayland-egl, so I guessed
package 'libwayland-egl' dependency is replaced by package 'mali' like this:

cogl RDEPENDS--> libwayland-egl
  ~~> mesa RPROVIDES libwayland-egl
  ~~> RREPLACE_mali libwayland-egl

But with bitbake -v -c build cogl-1.0 shows that libwayland-egl package
provides no FILERPROVIDES_xxx on here.

Am I wrong about RREPLACE chain?
or the problem comes from something else?
I'm a newbie on yocto and very confused, please help me!

Thanks.