[yocto] Changing the tty/UART of busybox

Jakob Hasse jakob.hasse at smart-home-technology.ch
Wed Feb 28 02:15:42 PST 2018

Hello,

we need to change the tty on which busybox is sitting. Right now I could
change the UART for the kernel and all program output after the boot to
our favorite UART (via kernel cmd line). But the login promt and all
interaction with the device is still on the old UART. So I guess it's a
busybox configuration issue. Furthermore, when I try tty after login, it
gives me: /dev/ttymxc4 (we want to use ttymx1).

I looked here https://busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html and in
menuconfig for an option to change the UART interface but couldn't find
any. Furthermore I added

|::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttymxc1 115200 vt100 |

and this

|ttymxc1::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttymxc1 115200 vt100|

to inittab to change the UART with no luck.
Could someone here point me to documentation or give me a hint to achive
this?

Thanks in advance, all the Best,
Jakob

--