[yocto] useradd-staticids

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Feb 23 09:30:54 PST 2018

On 2/23/18 10:37 AM, Anders Montonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into using the useradd-staticids class for reproducible
> builds. Is there any way to delay the warning/error about missing ids
> until a recipe is actually built rather than getting them during parsing?
> Having to generate tons of ids for packages you're not even using seems a
> bit nuts.

The system used to do that, but then people started complaining that whenever
they added items to their image they'd get more warnings -- and why don't we
just tell them up-front.  :/

I do suggest you ask on the openembedded-core mailing list though.  The people
working on revising that code have been active there and may be able to help
more then I can.

--Mark