[yocto] Removing busybox completely from the generated image

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 19 02:21:20 PST 2018

On 02/19/2018 10:35 AM, Iván Castell wrote:
> I have tried breaking apart packagegroup-core-boot, making a copy in my
> custom layer, removing the line referencing busybox:
>
>      ## VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_login_manager ?= "busybox"
>
> But now bitbake complains with an error message:
>
>      ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES '${VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_login_manager}'

You need to remove the reference to VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_login_manager from
the list of packages to be installed, not the definition that points to
busybox. If the resulting image breaks, you get to keep the pieces. I'm
not sure what function busyybox performs here, but oe-core does not have
an alternative now - you are welcome to provide one.

Alex