[yocto] useradd-example.bb

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Feb 14 13:09:57 PST 2018

On 2/14/18 2:57 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon wrote:
> Can anyone help Jean-Pierre? This seems at first like a simple issue during
> do_populate.

Need more information.  Are you creating new users and putting files in those
user directories in /usr/share or elsewhere?

The /usr/share hierarchy is controlled by the system wide fs-perms.  Many of
it's standard subdirectories will globally set all subdirectories become
root:root 0755, while files become 0644 root:root.

See the fs-perms.txt file: meta/files/fs-perms.txt

Pay specific attention to the comment:

# Note: all standard config directories are automatically assigned "0755 root
root false - - -"

'standard config directories' refer to the following list:

(from classes/package.bbclass)
    # By default all of the standard directories specified in
    # bitbake.conf will get 0755 root:root.
    target_path_vars = [    'base_prefix',
                'prefix',
                'exec_prefix',