[yocto] meta-ide-support toolchain & Recipe-specific Sysroots

Mircea Gliga mircea.gliga at vitheia.com
Fri Feb 9 04:35:34 PST 2018

Hi

I ended up not to use meta-ide-support, but instead I've added the
support of generating the toolchain to my own recipe (my component):
that is my final intention, to be able to also build my component
outside Yocto.
So when I do a `bitbake my-component` beside building the component, the
toolchain necessary to build the component outside Yocto is also generated.

In my recipe I've added some of the code from the meta-ide-support:

     inherit toolchain-scripts

     do_populate_ide_support () {
       toolchain_create_tree_env_script
     }
     addtask populate_ide_support before do_build after do_install

And now when I build my recipe I also get a environment-setup script in
the build/tmp/ directory - same location as the meta-ide-toolchain used
before.
Now everything is setup correctly:
OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT is set to
[...]/build/tmp/work/cortexa5hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/component/1.0/recipe-sysroot-native

Also all the dependencies are there.

Cheers.