[yocto] dnf error

Russell Peterson bluehills7 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 16:25:15 PST 2018

Thanks, Alex.  That was indeed the problem.

For those searching for answers to similar issues I will add what my particular issue was.

The package I was adding had python scripts in it.  The make process for the package used the python distutils.core setup function.  I didn’t write the code… I’m just creating a recipe for it.  This in turn copies the scripts to various locations but in the process of doing that modifies the #! at the start of the script to use the hosttools path to python.  Not very cross-build friendly.  I simply patched the makefile to use the —executable=/usr/bin/python argument.  All this does is prevent the #! modification.  Builds fine now.  Bit of a hack but I will speak with the developers to create a bit more cross build friendly options.

Appreciate the help, Alex.

Regards,

Russell