[yocto] static libraries missing from sdk

Wed Feb 7 10:56:55 PST 2018

Hi,

I played around a bit with my autotooled lib, which produces only a
static lib.

1) My preferred approach is this:

I add to local.conf:

TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK_append = " libhw-a-staticdev libhw-a-dev"

The recipe looks like this:

https://pastebin.com/YLUvQSSx

2) But your approach works as well:

I add to local.conf:

# we need to add the empty package to the rootfs for
# IMAGE_FEATURES_append to work:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libhw-a"
# add all -dev, -dbg, -staticdev pkgs to the SDK (only):
SDKIMAGE_FEATURES_append = " dev-pkgs dbg-pkgs staticdev-pkgs"

The recipe looks like this:
(needed to slightly modify my original recipe)

https://pastebin.com/VcsqNuMf

On the rootfs there is nothing with respect to this recipe.

In the SDK are:
./opt/poky/2.4/sysroots/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libhw.a
./opt/poky/2.4/sysroots/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/lib_hw.h

Regards,

Robert