[yocto] gcc leak-sanitizer on arm target

Pieter Cardoen pieter.cardoen at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 00:54:01 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 7:06 AM, Pieter Cardoen
<pieter.cardoen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear
> >
> > I am having trouble to enable leak sanitizer and thread sanitizer for my arm target. If I enable gcc-sanitizers, I only have these libraries on the target rootfs:
> > * libasan.so.3
> > * libasan.so.3.0.0
> > * libsanitizer.spec
> > * libubsan.so.0
> > * libubsan.so.0.0.0
> >
> > liblsan.so.* and libtsan.so.* is missing.
> >
> > I took a look into the build directory:
> > tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc-sanitizers/6.2.0-r0/gcc-6.2.0/build.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libsanitizer/
> >
> > in file asan/Makefile, I find "toolexeclib_LTLIBRARIES = libasan.la"
> > while in file lsan/Makefiel, it is commented out: "#toolexeclib_LTLIBRARIES = liblsan.la"
> >
> > Is it possible to compile the leak and thread sanitizer library for arm?
> >

> it was only tested on x86  in past so its not included in other
> arches. You can however try it out
> by adding
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " liblsan libtsan"
>
> to local.conf and if it works report back and we might cook a final
> patch to enable it unconditionally.

Unfortunately, it is not working. Apparently, packages are empty:

ERROR: core-image-cosamira-llc-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: liblsan not found in the feeds (cosamira_picozed_zynq7 cortexa9t2hf-neon cortexa9t2hf-vfp cortexa9hf-neon cortexa9hf-vfp armv7at2hf-neon armv7ahf-neon armv7at2hf-vfp armv7ahf-vfp armv6thf-vfp armv6hf-vfp armv5tehf-vfp armv5ehf-vfp armv5thf-vfp armv5hf-vfp noarch any all) in /home/pic/Documents/Builds/YOCTO/Cosamira/yoctobuild/cosamira-picozed-zynq7/tmp/deploy/rpm.
ERROR: core-image-cosamira-llc-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: This is often caused by an empty package declared in a recipe's PACKAGES variable. (Empty packages are not constructed unless ALLOW_EMPTY_<pkg> = '1' is used.)
ERROR: core-image-cosamira-llc-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/pic/Documents/Builds/YOCTO/Cosamira/yoctobuild/cosamira-picozed-zynq7/tmp/work/cosamira_picozed_zynq7-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-cosamira-llc/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.21151
ERROR: Task (/home/pic/Documents/Builds/YOCTO/Cosamira/yoctobuild/sources/meta-tra-mec/recipes-core/images/core-image-cosamira-llc.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

> > Thanks
> > Pieter
> > --
lists.yoctoproject.org
Discussion of all things about the Yocto Project. Read our Community Guidelines or learn more about how to participate in other community discussions.