[yocto] xrandr / xinput calibrator

Stanisavljevic n.stanisavljevic at polycaptil.fr
Wed Dec 19 23:55:32 PST 2018

Hy team,

I tried to migrate from krogoth to sumo version of yocto project, to compile
a custom OS for a custom board based on TI AM335x EVMSK Starter Kit.

On this custom board there is a touchscreen panel (same like the AM335x
EVMSK starter Kit) whitch worked fine with krogoth version.

When I migrated to sumo version, while the OS boot the touchscreen work
fine, but when the screen display to log the user and when it display the
mouse, the touschreen panel is completely locked.

I think that this append during the boot of the OS :

Xrandr is called and try to do something to configure/set the touschscreen
panel.

But xrandr return the following message :

polycaptil-machine-am335x-evmsk login: Size 1024x768 not found in available
mode

(screen resolution is 480x272)

Later xinput_calibrator pring this message :

Error: No calibratable devices found.

But when I log to the user session (with putty) and I execute xrandr
-listmonitors

I get :

xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default

Monitors: 1

0: +default 480/127x272/72+0+0  default

It means that touschscreen panel is recognized with the right resolution but
somewhere it's not correctly defined in the OS.

I exported 0 in DISPLAY environnement variable and tried to use
xininput_calibrator but without success.

What can I do to solve this problem ?

I don't know if I need to configure something when I compile the OS with
yocto, or, if the configuration need to be done when the OS is booted and
user is logged in ?

I don't understand, because, I have not this problem (touschscreen panel
locked and unusable) with krogoth version.

Thank's to taking your time to read my problem and to trying to help me to
solve it.

STANISAVLJEVIC Nikola