[yocto] Question about temporary directories

A aaron.biver at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:27:50 PST 2018

I'd like multiple "helper" recipes to contribute files to a temporary
directory on my build host, and then a final recipe to combine them into a
compressed file.

But I DON'T want the helper recipe's files to get installed on the target
system.  My goal is to have them put into a jffs2 image, which will
eventually get flashed onto a target partition using JTAG.

So, I suspect I would have to fly under the radar in yocto, having the
helper recipes install something into the host filesystem, then have the
final recipe know about that location.

Any advice how I can do this as "properly" as possible in yocto?

Aaron