[yocto] overwriting do_install causes cmake install not executed

Tomasz Michalski tmichalski23 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:00:42 PST 2018

Hi
I have recipe componentX.bb which refer to some C++ repository. In C++
repository I have in main CMakeList.txt:

install(PROGRAMS ./script/start.sh DESTINATION
${CMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENTXDIR}/init.d)
install(PROGRAMS ./script/functions.sh DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR})

When I add to componentX.bb my own implementation of do_install() then
start.sh and function.sh script is not installed from CMakeList.txt!
How to tell bitbake in do_install() body to installl this what is in
CMakeList.txt and moreover something more? Using do_install_append() is not
a solution for my case because do_install_append() cannot be overwritten in
another meta-layer, for example in componentX.bbappend. So this must be
do_install() function.

BR
Tomek