[yocto] connmand+dbus. Which alternatives?

Ulrich Ölmann u.oelmann at pengutronix.de
Thu Dec 6 00:21:38 PST 2018

On Thu, Dec 06 2018 at 07:13 +0000, ChenQi <Qi.Chen at windriver.com> wrote:
> wifi connection could be managed by wpa-supplicant.

Alternatively there is iwd (see [1]) which is heading towards version
1.0 in the coming weeks and is already supported by connman.

> Best Regards,
> Chen Qi
>
> On 12/06/2018 02:50 PM, Mauro Ziliani wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I'm working on a imx6dl sabresd project with an usb wifi dongle (edimax
>> EW7811un)
>>
>> My app uses Connman by DBus to manage ethernet and wifi connections.
>>
>> Normally the sytstem works well. Sometimes, randomly, the system freeze
>> or the app crashes.
>>
>> I made many test and this happens when the system is connected to a SSID.
>>
>> So I suspect that the problem is in connamd_1.31+dbus_1.10.6
>>

>> I'm using Yocto fsl 4.1.5-2.0.1 qith Qt5 5.6.2
>>

>> Can you suggest me an alternative to connmand?

Take a look at NetworkManager as a possible replacement of connman (see
[2]) - it also supports iwd. If NetworkManager and its dependencies is
too big for your project, perhaps managing the ethernet connections via
systemd-networkd and the wifi connections directly via iwd could be an
option (but needs more handwork).

Best regards
Ulrich

[1] https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/89268/
[2] https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/72479/

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Ulrich Ölmann               |