[yocto] Automate hardware test using oeqa runtime library

Hussin, Mohamad Noor Alim mohamad.noor.alim.hussin at intel.com
Tue Dec 4 08:58:35 PST 2018

Hi Richard,

I wrote some scripts to test USB mount/unmount, read & write on real hardware. I use OEQA runtime library to wrote the test cases. However, these tests only work on hardware and not for qemu.
Since these tests run on hardware, I need to add a flag to avoid the tests execute on qemu. I am not sure if these tests case should pass on qemu too.

Links below refer to patches of BSP test cases to test USB. There are 2 patches files called "bsp-test-helper" and usb.py. bsp-test-helper is a wrapper script to execute USB test cases on usb.py file.

USB test cases, usb.py
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-August/042261.html
wrapper script, bsp-test-helper
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-August/042262.html