[yocto] Using ICECC to build Thud issue

John Unland unlandj2012 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:28:42 PST 2018

Hello everyone,

I've been playing around with the icecc.bbclass and a small 2 node icecream
cluster. At the moment I'm able to compile core-image-minimal using Rocko
however when building on Thud I get a error (See Github gist for error and
local.conf config):

https://gist.github.com/junland/d932bd63ca2c871b99e64eda543ca2fe

My build OS is Ubuntu 18.04 (Workstation) and CentOS 7 (Second build
server), also I've gotten the same error on a Debian 9 and Oracle Linux VM
so I highly doubt it's something that has todo with the OS. I'd also like
to add what the workflow I'm using:

(As regular user)
1. $> git clone -b thud git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git

2. $> source oe-init-build-env

3. (Edit local.conf and place "PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 10"" and "INHERIT +=
"icecc"" at the end of the config file)

4. $> source oe-init-build-env

5. $> bitbake core-image-minimal

Is there something I'm missing here? I've read the section of the manual
that explains on how to use icecream but it hasn't really solved my
problem. Any help would be great!

Thanks!