[yocto] [python] install custom python CLI on target

Shantanoo Desai desai at uni-bremen.de
Sun Dec 2 02:24:47 PST 2018

Hi all,

I have created a python package wherein the setup.py I have
scripts=[bin/myCli]
I used devtool to make a recipe for my repository and managed to add
all RDEPENDS_${PN} into it and successfully baked the recipe. However
I am not sure if I need to do something like do_install() within the
recipe in order for the cli to be available for me on my target
hardware?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  Grüße,

M.Sc. Shantanoo Desai
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbetier
Informations- und kommunikationstechnische Anwendungen in der Produktion
BIBA- Bremer Institut für Produktion und Logistik GmbH

Raum 1390
Tel: +49 (0)421 218-50138

email: desai at uni-bremen.de