[yocto] PyBuild based OpenEmbedded/BitBake recipe

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Aug 28 05:33:40 PDT 2018

On 20 August 2018 at 01:33, bernardo araujo rodrigues
<bernardoaraujor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at PhantomJS' github repo (https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs), I
> realized it's a PyBuild based project. However, I couldn't find any BitBake
> class like the setuptools or pypi that would support the build.py script.

That build.py is entirely hand-coded and doesn't use *any* standard
systems, you'll need to call it yourself.  This is trivial: python3
build.py.  Then you get to discover all the corner cases that people
don't think about when they hand-code build scripts...

Ross