[yocto] chromium is compiling but is not able to add in the image

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Fri Aug 24 03:07:50 PDT 2018

On Fri, 2018-08-24 at 06:24 +0000, Pandey, Kamal wrote:

[trimmed]

> Apart of that, are you trying to get in running with something provided by
> Marek for Mali (GPU support) ? I just warn that Chromium without GPU is
> very slow and pratically unusable. Even with GPU support it looks quite
> slow...
>
> Are you enable x11 ? As far as I know, chromium is running just on top of
> x11 - I added Marek in CC that can sugest something else.

For what it's worth - lots of effort put in the last few years to run
Chromium on Wayland (also for embedded).  It's running on weston in the GDP,
see [1].  Looking at that might help the OP, but also other systems make use
of these layers.

The community GDP distro used meta-browser layer before but is for the
moment on another fork that was developed by LG Electronics I believe,
called meta-lgsvl-browser.  We typically follow the advice of some dedicated
expert companies in this area.

Hope this helps,

- Gunnar

[1] https://github.com/GENIVI/genivi-dev-platform