[yocto] [pseudo] Pseudo 1.8+ xattr sqlite corruption

Jack.Fewx at dell.com Jack.Fewx at dell.com
Wed Aug 22 08:32:39 PDT 2018

> On Wed, 2018-08-22 at 14:54 +0000, Jack.Fewx at dell.com wrote:
> > So failure mode is the target filesystem is devoid of SELinux file
> > contexts, all files are unlabeled_t, which pretty much breaks
> > everything in enforcing mode.  So whatever the corruption cause/effect
> > in the Psuedo database, the end result is when Mksquashfs runs it
> > can't get labels for the files.
> >
> > There is no obvious differences in the pseudo.log files between good
> > and bad runs, so it's nothing Pseudo is screaming about.
> >
> > I just found the Pseudo debug option flags, and how to insert them
> > using FAKEROOTENV += "PSEUDO_DEBUG=Dx", so I'm running builds trying
> > to get good and bad ones with the debug logs.
>
> Its not clear if you already tried this but if not, it'd probably be worth updating pseudo to the latest version too, see if it was some bug we already addressed in pseudo. I know we've had a few challenges supporting xattrs in there...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

We have a "bleeding edge" test environment for staging our next upgrades, and I see Poky 2.5.1 just dropped, so I'll set that up and give it a whirl. And pull down the top of the Pseudo git tree as well. The only issue is whatever patch fixes this, I will need to backported into our 2.3 environment. The next release is stabilized on 2.3 for shipment soon, so I can't yank the rug out from under that one. If we just have to limp along it'll be annoying, but not the end of the world as we can get some good builds out.

Our 2.3 environment is behaving itself again for the moment, so it will take a bit to get debug logs. Sounds like I have some homework to do, I'll keep everyone posted.

And thanks to all for your quick responses.

Jack Fewx