[yocto] Id "s0" respawning too fast on Raspberry pi3

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Wed Aug 22 02:08:01 PDT 2018

On 08/22/2018 04:24 PM, benxi wrote:
> Hi Qi,
> Thanks for your reply. It indeed solves the problem, however I'm
> afraid that modifying SERIAL_CONSOLES can have side effects on other
> recipes. I also wonder if there 're any way to enable ttyS0 on my
> raspberry pi(Since ENABLE_UART doesn't work).

The SERIAL_CONSOLES setting is _expected_ affect all recipes. That's why
it's usually set in some .conf file.
Serial consoles will have different names and are device related. That's
why we have the variable SERIAL_CONSOLES.

I think you should just change SERIAL_CONSOLES to match the raspberry pi.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi