[yocto] Id "s0" respawning too fast on Raspberry pi3

benxi lbxhust at 163.com
Tue Aug 21 21:24:50 PDT 2018

Hello Everyone,
    I build a rpi-hwup-image and run it on my raspberry pi3(Model B V1.2). After the system boots up, I keep seeing such message:
    INIT: Id "S0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
    I notice that yocto adds the following line to /etc/inittab when install sysvinit, since Serial_Console was set in raspberrypi3-64.conf:
    S0:12345:respawn:/bin/start_getty 115200 ttyS0 vt102
   I try to add ENABLE_UART = "1" in local.conf but the message keeps coming. The message can be eliminated by commenting out the corresponding line in /etc/inittab.
   So, is this a bug of meta-raspberrypi? Is there anyway to fix it without modifying sysvinit's recipes and /etc/inittab?