[yocto] opkg

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 17:48:40 PDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 2:41 PM Phillip Warren <warrenphd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm currently working on the pyro branch (2.3.4) and have a need
> to support opkg list-upgradable; however, when I execute opkg
> list-upgradable, I receive the following error:
>
> Collected errors:
>  * opkg_list_upgradable_cmd: list-upgradable command not available
> with external solver enabled
>
> The pyro opkg version is:
> ~# opkg --version
> opkg version 0.3.4 (libsolv 0.6.26)
>
> What is the simplest way to enable the list-upgradeable option for opkg?
>
> 1. Write a .bbappend to apply the patch to the 0.3.4 source that
> enables this functionality? Where might I locate this patch?

usually this is ok and upstreamable, but may not be always possible if
change is quite intrusive
you might look into opkg git here
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/opkg

particularly this commit
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/opkg/commit/?id=cc624806a6179c2d3d7b3eec4260e50ab0653c5d

be aware that it looks like it might need some other commits too.

> 2. Fast-forward opkg 0.3.4 to a newer version? What's the approved way
> to do this within the yocto environment?

sometimes this might be fine, we wont accept it upstream without a
solid reasoning but it could serve your
purpose and you can maintain it in your local project. Although be
aware that it has not been integrated with
older versions of yocto so there could be loose ends.