[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] core-image-minimal for raspberrypi3-64 manifest/sdimg contains no kernel modules

Steve Pavao stevep at korgrd.com
Tue Aug 14 23:47:24 PDT 2018

There seems to be a problem with the core-image-minimal bitbake for raspberrypi3-64 target at head of sumo in all repos.  I wonder if it’s also a problem for the raspberrypi3 target.

No kernel modules appear in the .manifest, and no kernel modules are put into the sdimg.  It’s hard to believe it’s true, but that’s what I'm seeing.

The problem does NOT occur for the rpi-hwup-image bitbake, which is actually deprecated in poky 2.5/sumo.

Before you retire the rpi-hwup-image bitbake target, will you please make sure that the kernel modules from the core-image-minimal build make it into the .manifest and therefore into the sdimg?

Please let me know where to log this issue, so I can send you the .manifest diffs, some ls command output showing the large size difference between the core-image-minimal and rpi-hwup-image sdimg files for identical builds, and perhaps some file listings to show that one of the builds contains kernel modules (rpi-hwup-image) and the other does not (core-image-minimal).

Steve Pavao
Korg R&D