[yocto] Creating multiple filesystem images

marcelo.magallon at hpe.com marcelo.magallon at hpe.com
Tue Aug 14 07:53:53 PDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 03:23:09PM +0000, Amol Lad wrote:

>Currently when we build say core-image-minimal, we get a root file system image (say ext4) after the build. However, I also need to create an ext4 image for /boot partition (which contains zImage and dtb). I do not want wic image. How I can do this? i.e. I want two ext4 images after build: one root file system and another with content of /boot folder. Please advise

An image is just a recipe. When you do:

	bitbake my-image

you are asking bitbake to build that particular recipe.

What you are saying is that you want two recipes: my-image.bb and
my-image-boot.bb. If you have that, you can do this:

	bitbake my-image my-image-boot

To simplify that, you could have another recipe (say "my-build.bb"),
with DEPENDS on the two images, so you could call:

	bitbake my-build

and that would create the two images.

Marcelo