[yocto] Copy git hashes of recipes during the image build

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 10 02:05:37 PDT 2018

Hi Rajesh,

On Wednesday, 8 August 2018 8:52:10 AM CEST Yuvarajesh Valleru wrote:
> I am building the custom yocto image regularly so that I do have so may
> versions of the image. But when an bug occured in older version images,
> I could not find the changes in source code because of AUTOREV. Is there
> any possibility to copy the hashes during the build and store in another
> recipe, so that I can have all my hashes in my target system.

There is indeed a way to collect the revisions, and since the question has
come up before I just wrote a FAQ entry about it:

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Technical_FAQ#How_do_I_collect_the_source_revisions_fetched_by_each_recipe.3F

This wouldn't actually store the revisions in a form that you could then put
into the image itself however. If you really wanted to do that you could in
theory run buildhistory-collect-srcrevs from a recipe and then package its
output though, I think that should work.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton