[yocto] Yocto userbase in numbers?

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:42:08 PDT 2018

On 08/09/2018 10:19 AM, Frazer, Will wrote:

> I was asked recently what a ballpark figure for the number of systems
> running distributions built with yocto might be and I could not find
> anything.
>

> I realise it’s almost impossible to tell since technically everyone
> builds a different distro, but I don’t suppose anyone has come across
> any estimates anywhere ?

The Yocto Project does not have the ability to track which distributions
are created from the OpenEmbedded build framework nor who uses Poky as a
starting point. Even if we did, I believe we would violate someone's
privacy if we distributed that information outside the Yocto Project.

Kind regards,
Armin