[yocto] HELP!

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Thu Aug 9 06:06:46 PDT 2018

On 2018-08-09 14:39, Dhanush K.S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently trying to migrate from Yocto 1.8 Poky Fido 13.0.0 to
> Yocto 2.5.
>
> After cloning the Poky repository, I was confused with which tag to
> checkout with.

With a fresh release like Sumo, it is better to stay at the HEAD of the
sumo branch for some time. Updates here should not break things, but fix
bugs instead.
When it stabilizes or when you are making a release, you can use a
certain commit or release tag.

> Could you please help me understand the difference between the tags
> "SUMO-19.0.0" and "YOCTO-2.5"

Both tags point to the same commit (da3625c52e), so choose one.

> As far as I understand, both mean the same since "2.5" is the
> DISTRO_VERSION and "sumo" is the DISTRO_CODENAME.
>
> But is still the same with the checkout tags as well?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
> Dhanush Keshava Reddy Soppahalli
> Mob: +4915216144064