[yocto] python & xml2

Russell Peterson bluehills7 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 16:03:02 PDT 2018

I created a bbappend file with the following:

PYTHON_PN = "python"
DEPENDS += "python"
RDEPENDS_${PN}-ptest += "python-core"
PYTHON_BASEVERSION = "2.7"
PYTHON_DIR = "python2.7"

Seems to work although I have not tested it yet… the library shows up in the correct site dir anyway.

I would think this would be easier and more obvious to change but I’m not python or xml2 expert.
Our users have older python applications that reply on python2.

Thanks for the response.

Russell