[yocto] yocto jethro failed on gettext-native

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 23:19:32 PDT 2018

On 26/04/18, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
> > I deleted all the build-imx6ulevk folder and build everything from
> > scratch with only one thread, waited a few hours for compilation and now
> > its working ;)
>
> Still, I am struggling to understand why??? What is the requirement
> behind this ask?

The requirement was just get our older yocto (jethro) build running on a
PC of a different developer. Often developers have their own flavor of
Ubuntu releases and they update to newer versions while they still
develop on yocto releases which is much older. Because that yocto
release is currently in the field by our costumer. Our product cycle is
not so fast to use the newest yocto releases. We started to develop when
jethro was up to date.

We compiled single threaded just because his PC is a bit unstable on
high load. And it crashed a few times on parallel makes. I know that
this is not ideal for yocto development.

> As we see, it is much longer (one thread only) than on 14.04!?

its takes much longer then with settings

PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 4"
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4"

> Could you, please, do it on Ubuntu 17.04, or 17.10 (i bet, you
> can't)??? And why, after all???

currently not im using only Ubuntu LTS Releases.
Perhaps I will try 18.04  LTS which released yesterday ;)

Best regards,

Oliver