[yocto] PXE Boot NFS not working

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:12:21 PDT 2018

Follow-up to my previous post, after seeing the reply below suggesting me not to use initramfs (but initrd is usable, right?).  BTW, I don't use bootx64.efi.  Instead, I use pxelinux.0 along with the other lib***.c32 files.

  1.  Is there a way to verify if GRUB (that I'm using) supports networking or not?  It seems to have very limited user commands available.
  2.  How do I get into GRUB?  I'd been into GRUB, more like accidentally.  The reply below refers to grub.cfg.  Is this cfg file stored on target, or on host (like pxelinux.cfg)?
  3.  How do I configure my build (and what yocto tool to use, if any) in order to get my network driver part of kernel, instead of being a LKM that isn't there when I need it for NFS boot?