[yocto] New Recipe Integration Issue

Shakthi Pradeep (tpradeep) tpradeep at cisco.com
Thu Apr 26 11:36:15 PDT 2018

Thanks for the info Andre. What you are suggesting it to be done while building an application over these libraries right?

Any idea why the packaging is failing?

Regards,
Shakthi

On 27/04/18, 12:00 AM, "Andre McCurdy" <armccurdy at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:03 AM, Shakthi Pradeep (tpradeep)
    <tpradeep at cisco.com> wrote:
    > Hello Folks,
    >
    > I am trying to integrate an SDK which is very simple and small. Building the
    > SDK generates an executable and few .so libraries.
    >
    > “bitbake sdk” command goes through fine but when I run “bitbake
    > wrlinux-image-glibc-std” to generate an ISO with SDK packages I am get
    > following error

    >                 install -m 0755 ${S}/lib/libmvudrv.so
    > ${D}/${libdir}/libmvudrv.so.1.0.1
    >
    >     ln -sf libmvudrv.so.1.0.1 ${D}/${libdir}/libmvudrv.so

    Unfortunately, creating versioned libraries requires more than just
    renaming and creating a symlink.

    If the library is going to be renamed during installation, then the
    soname (which is set within the library when the library is linked)
    needs to match a name which will exist in the target rootfs at
    runtime.

    In this case, since "libmvudrv.so.1.0.1" is the name which will be
    present at runtime, when the build creates libmvudrv.so, it needs to
    set the soname to "libmvudrv.so.1.0.1". ie add the following to the
    linker commandline:

      -Wl,-soname,libmvudrv.so.1.0.1