[yocto] yocto jethro failed on gettext-native

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Wed Apr 25 13:49:25 PDT 2018

On 2018-04-25 03:50 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Jethro doesn't support Yocto 16.* because it is very old (released
Err, Jethro doesn't support _Ubuntu_ 16.*
(Yocto 16.* is a ways off! :)  )
> 2015, it's been unmaintained for six months now).  If you want to use
> Jethro despite the known serious security problems then you'll need to
> dig out the relevant fixes from the newer releases.

Can you use a later release of Yocto such as 2.4 or 2.5
aka rocko/sumo?

If you need to use an older release there are companies, such
as Wind River [1], that can provide commercial support for 5+ years
after the Yocto release date. Send me an email off-list and
I'll help you contact our sales people! :)

../Randy

[1]
https://www.yoctoproject.org/ecosystem/yocto-project-compatible-product-showcase/

This list is a bit out of date, we release WR Linux 10: LTS last fall.
It's based on YP-2.4/rocko

> Ross

>>> What would be the benefit for the successful compiling of YOCTO Jethro on
>>> Kubuntu 16.04 over Ubuntu 14.04???
>>
>> I tried to get my Yocto compiled on a PC of a colleague and his
>> installation was a Kubuntu 16.04. I've made the experience that often
>> only additional packages needs to be installed to step over these
>> compile issues. Sometimes its clear from the debug output but in this
>> case I have no Idea which packages is missing. On my develop PC and our
>> Buildserver with Ubuntu 14.04 everything is fine. But I'am afraid that I
>> can get similar trouble if I update to a newer ubuntu release there too.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Oliver
>> --

# Randy MacLeod