[yocto] yocto jethro failed on gettext-native

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:36:19 PDT 2018

On 25/04/18, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
> > I try to compile yocto jethro environment which is working
> > on a Ubuntu 14.04 installation. But not on a Kubuntu 16.04 .
>
> What would be the benefit for the successful compiling of YOCTO Jethro on
> Kubuntu 16.04 over Ubuntu 14.04???

I tried to get my Yocto compiled on a PC of a colleague and his
installation was a Kubuntu 16.04. I've made the experience that often
only additional packages needs to be installed to step over these
compile issues. Sometimes its clear from the debug output but in this
case I have no Idea which packages is missing. On my develop PC and our
Buildserver with Ubuntu 14.04 everything is fine. But I'am afraid that I
can get similar trouble if I update to a newer ubuntu release there too.

Best regards,

Oliver