[yocto] permissions for /tmp set wrong

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Tue Apr 24 14:13:07 PDT 2018

I'm trying to setup mariadb and in the process of looking at what's happening I see an error that it couldn't create a file in /tmp. I look at /tmp and it has permissions of 01700 which seems wrong. I did some searching and I found a reference to fs-perms.txt which has the permissions as 01777.

I haven't been able to find where this is changed. Can anyone tell me what might be changing the permissions from 01777 to 01700? Or at least where to look, or what to do to get them back to 01777.

Regards,

Greg