[yocto] Yocto Boot Question

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:54:35 PDT 2018

I actually resolved my first issue today - the install on SSD from USB thumb drive's .hddimg seemed correct.  There're probably user's prompts on the boot console that I didn't pay attention to at first (I used COM1, which wasn't the boot console).  I'd tried removing thumb drive, and changed boot order to use the SSD, and it worked.

I'd even made some progress on the network-boot client side.  The key steps for me were to switch to UEFI Standard instead of Legacy mode.  Then enabled PXE option ROM Launch.  This would create a few network devices (with IPv4 and IPv6 options) to support PXE.  I now focus on the server side.  Hopefully, I will have some good news to share shortly.

My eval board is based on Intel's Broadwell DE (Camelback Mountain BSP) from Intel.  Machine type is intel-corei7-64.  Hope this help.

Raymond